Learn Roulette Video Source & Info:
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift is a very unbalanced game.
To demonstrate, I present Roulette abuse.
I know. Level 32 isn’t THAT low, and it’s only the Top Floor of the First Watch. Don’t flame me too harshly for a misleading title.
(2) Blue Mage
Here’s how it works. The Blue Mage’s Roulette spell randomly auto-KOs 1 unit on the field. When there are most enemies than allies, the chances for Roulette to hit the enemies becomes higher than 50%. When it’s 6 against 1, the chances of Roulette hitting an enemy is about 85.7% – higher than a Tranq’d Last Breath from an Assassin.
Of course, it is easy to lose the battle when there is only 1 unit on your side. That’s where the equipment comes in. Between the Ninja job’s natural 15 Evasion and the added 65 Evasion from the equipment, most attacks have only a 20% chance of hitting the Hume. The last equipment should be something to negate OHKO, in case Roulette happens to land on the user. This equipment can be Wygar or Ribbon. The offensive power of Roulette and the defense power of high evasion join forces to create a powerful unit.
Understand that there are weaknesses to this build. Firstly, the Hume must be alone to optimize Roulette. If an enemy is immune to OHKO, you must rely on the Blue Mage’s Matra Magic for that enemy. Both Roulette and evasion depend on probability to work in favor of the expected outcome – this build is not for the unlucky.
1. I did use Action Replay to give my unit Abilities, but only to save 20 minutes of my time. It is perfectly possible for a level 32 Hume to learn Roulette.
2. Because the Hume’s level and speed are so low, it didn’t get a chance to act until 1:35 minutes into the video. Be patient as you witness amazing dodging skills!
3. Good Clan Privileges for this evasion build are Agility Up 5, MP Channeling, and MP Efficiency. Agility Up 5 is more defensive, and the latter two are faster.
4. The 1st and 3rd Roulette, which have a 20% and a 25% chance of failing respectively, both failed. Because of this and the fact my Hume got Speeed-, this video is 2 minutes longer than it needs to be.
5. My Hume did dodge a bit more than expected in the second half, but it wouldn’t have needed to if the 1st and 3rd Roulette didn’t fail. Also a female Hume would have been better for this battle. Equipping a Ribbon instead of Wygar negates Goo, which negates Immobilization, which allows Reflex to work more often.