Expert Insight Poker Tip: Knowing the Odds and Percentages

Poker Tips Video Source & Information:

Phil Gordon teaches you the most common percentages every serious poker player should know.

Learn more: read Phil’s poker articles, buy his Final Table Poker DVD, listen to his WSOP podcasts and even ask him a poker question at

Also available: Beating Blackjack with Andy Bloch -The former MIT Team Manager gives you the secrets of card counting and more.

Short Game Golf with Jim Furyk & Fred Funk -The #2 Golfer in the World teaches you how to master the short game.

Source: YouTube

Share this video:
Expert Insight Poker Tip: Knowing the Odds and Percentages

10 thoughts on “Expert Insight Poker Tip: Knowing the Odds and Percentages

  1. he is right. but for example, the exaple with the flush draw, you also have 1 over card (the Ace) so the percentages are a little off if u r up agaist something like KJ or QJ, and in those cases (and some more) you will have better odds to make a call – so think about it too.

  2. @ohtrlxw im trying to build my bankroll, playing with real money actually makes you play properly. you can get $8 to play no need to deposit any money from here:

  3. so the chance of every card to make a pair on the flop is 36%? because I see it's times 6, A K, 6 outs times 6, 36%, a set, 2 outs, times 6 = 12%

  4. according to my calculation make a flush by river is closer to 40%
    make a straight by river is cloer to 35%
    you just divide outs by remaining cards in deck its easy to do and very small margin of error so why isn't this video more accurate?
    am i missing something?

  5. "If your number of outs exceed 8, you have to substract the excess of outs, in this case 9-8=1 from total probability."
    why do you subtract the 1% when you have more than 8 outs?

  6. i can play poker all night, i always start with a no deposit bonus. you can get 5 pounds from this poker site here POK22.COM

    My hand feels touched as well as it touches; reality says this, and nothing more.

  7. can someone please explain me why ace-king have 40 % to make a pair or higher? 6 outs from the start should be 12 percentage chance to make a pair per card. 12 times 5 is 60%. its driving me crazy 😀

Comments are closed.