How to Play Four Non-Intuitive Blackjack Hands with Blackjack Expert Henry Tamburin

Learn Blackjack Video Source & Info:

In this video Blackjack expert Henry Tamburin discusses four confusing hands where a player’s first thought may not be the correct way to play the hand properly. The hands discussed include: doubling 11 against a 10; splitting 8’s against a 10; splitting 9’s against a 9; and hitting soft 18 against a 9.

Get more than 200 casino coupons and save more than $1,000 – Search for “American Casino Guide book” on Amazon

SUBSCRIBE for more videos:

Tips on Blackjack:
Tips on Slot Machines:
Tips on Craps:
Tips on Video Poker:

Source: YouTube

Share this video:
How to Play Four Non-Intuitive Blackjack Hands with Blackjack Expert Henry Tamburin

10 thoughts on “How to Play Four Non-Intuitive Blackjack Hands with Blackjack Expert Henry Tamburin

  1. You gave the win probability on 16 vs dealr 10, but what is the win probability if you Stand? I guess worse? Basic strat says to hit on the hard 16 vs dealer 10. And it says always to split 8s. Also, always double on 11. Great videos btw and thanks!

  2. Good content, well presented. This was one of the few experts to acknowledge a bad hand is a bad hand, you can only minimise the number of times you lose with it. For example, holding a 12 against a dealers 2 or 3 is simply a bad hand. Basic strategy tells you to hit it, but so few players actually do. It's a bad hand! You will just lose slightly less often than if you stand. If you can understand that principle, you will be less inclined to disregard basic strategy.

    Varying your bet is another important principle. Winning and losing comes in streaks. When you win, press some of your winnings. Keep pressing each win until you lose the bet, at which time return to minimum bet. You want to lose big bets, not small ones. Losing big bets, you have made a bundle on the way to making it big. Losing multiple small bets is the killer.

  3. It seems to me that you shouldn't increase your bet (by splitting) when the dealer has a strong card (A, 8,9,10). Doubling down with an 11 is different.

  4. I never used to split 8 8 against a dealer's 10 until I watched another video of Tamburin saying to do it. Against my better judgement, I started to try it and I will say that I probably won 75% of the time that I did it whereas in those instances, if I had hit it with one card. I would have busted most of those times. Weird

  5. I always cringe when I see people not double down on a 11 against a ten. And people always look at me funny when I hit a soft 18 against a dealers 9. Its all about BBJS and odds for me…..

  6. All of the blackjack strategies including card counting give you a tiny percentage advantage…….OVER THE LONG RUN, like if you play for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. These strategies do not effect the average player who plays for an hour or 2 or until you run out of money on the weekend.

  7. Actually the most misplayed hands that I see is people standing on 16 or less against a 7, 8 or 9. I see them standing on 14 against a 7 and they don't have any idea how bad that is. The way I like to explain 16 against 7, is to compare it to 16 against 10. 16 against 10 is by the way NOT the worst hand, that would be 16 against ace. But anyway, 16 against 10 is a lose-lose proposition, because there are only 5 cards that don't bust you if you hit, and even if you don't bust, you're still probably in bad shape. Because the dealer is likely to end on 20. So even if you turn your 16 into a 17 or 18, you're still probably going to lose…. but against a 7,if you turn your 16 into a 17 you very likely turned a loss into a push, and if you turn it into an 18 you very likely turned it into a win, since it's MUCH more likely to end on 17 starting from 7 than it is starting from 10. And so the bottom line is, if you hit a 16, even if you don't bust, you're still in bad shape against a 10, but against a 7, you probably turned a loss into a win. That's why it is very beneficial to hit on 16 against 7. And if you should hit on 16 against 7, you definitely should hit on anything less than that. Then again these people, I've seen them stand on SOFT 16s.

  8. The people who are disagreeing with Henry are either Casino Boss or a player that wants to burn their money

  9. Why every time I play blackjack the dealer has a 90% chance of having a 20 and 10% chance of getting blackjack

Comments are closed.